Being prepared for your appointment and asking the right questions is a great way to stay involved in your health care. In advance of your chiropractic appointment, find out if previous test results, such as X-rays or MRI studies are needed. You may be able to bring these with you, or help coordinate getting this information to your chiropractor.
The sample questions listed below serve as a guideline. It is a good idea to prepare for your appointment by writing your questions down.
- What are your qualifications?
- Do you practice a specialty that is related to my condition?
- It is important to trust and be comfortable with your chiropractor. Asking questions is a good way to keep the lines of communication open!
- Do you commonly treat my condition?
- What type of diagnostic testing is needed?
- How can chiropractic care help me?
- How many times a week must I come for an adjustment?
- How long does each session last?
- Will I need care from other health care professionals?
It is important to trust and be comfortable with your chiropractor. Asking questions is a good way to keep the lines of communication open!